HERlead Fellowship 2018 – A Leadership Training for Young Women from the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada
Deadline: March 8, 2018
A fellowship to provide leadership training to young women, empowering them to become the next generation of global trailblazers. The 2018 Leadership Forum will take place June 26-29, 2018 in New York City. The Fellowship is designed to equip young women with the leadership skills they need to effect global progress, invest in their communities.
This is an opportunity to learn from inspiring women leaders from around the world and participate in Vital Voices’ signature leadership model training program. Attend the HERlead Leadership Forum and become eligible to win a HERlead Grant to put your ideas into action.
They will select 30 applicants to be the 2018 Fellows. If you are selected, you will join an elite group of rising stars, where you will be given the skills, tools and training needed to realize your full leadership potential.
The HERlead Fellowship is a groundbreaking partnership between ANN INC., the parent company of Ann Taylor, LOFT and Lou & Grey, and Vital Voices to empower young women from across the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada to effect global progress, invest in their communities and begin their leadership journeys as the next generation of leaders.
As a HERlead Fellow, you will:
- Participate in the HERlead Leadership Forum, a four-day leadership training program in New York City, from June 26-29, 2018.
- Obtain skills and networks to take on leadership roles in your schools and companies.
- Be mentored by global women leaders who are part of the Vital Voices Global Leadership Network, as well as ANN INC. Representatives.
After completing the leadership training program, you will return to your community and have the opportunity to use what you learned at the Forum to create a project that will effect change. You are also eligible to receive a HERlead Grant that will further help you turn your ideas into action.
- Open to Girls in the 10th or 11th grade at a high school in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
- They are searching the country for young women leaders who are committed to reshaping the world and making positive and sustainable change.
- You must demonstrate a strong commitment to leadership and potential for creating innovative solutions to problems in your community.
- You must have a proven track record in your academic work and interest in extracurricular activities.
Are you up for the challenge?
In addition to information about you, your written responses to essay questions, and an optional video response, applications require the following:
- School transcript: You are responsible for uploading unofficial or official school transcripts indicating all of your high school grades.
- Letter of recommendation: A one-page letter from a teacher, advisor, or family friend is required to complete your application. You will be asked to provide an email address for your reference, and they will receive instructions on how to submit their recommendation for you via an online link.
- Parent permission: An electronic signature from your parent or guardian is required to complete your application.
Complete the online application.
For more information, visit HERlead Fellowship.