Deadline: April 9, 2018
The Abuja Hub of the Global Shapers Community is accepting applications for the 4th edition of the Emerging Leaders Program. The ELP program is a Community Development Grant Scheme in partnership with Selfless for Africa Inc. which seeks to give grants to young people in Tertiary Institutions across Nigeria to embark on projects that show exemplary leadership and address a prevalent problem in the community.
About the Award
This is a community service award scheme sponsored by Global Shapers-Abuja Hub and Selfless for Africa Inc. It will be focused on developing young people in our communities and exposing the youth to community service initiatives.
This is a Volunteering and Community Service Initiative for Tertiary Institution Students. The students are required to form a team of 3 to 5 students and undertake a community focused project. The aim is to provide young teams with sufficient funds in order to fix a problem with sustainable solutions.
The scheme will encourage the youth of Nigeria to believe in themselves, cultivate the spirit of volunteerism, community service and patriotism. The teams from the various tertiary institutions are expected to choose a deprived community in Nigeria, identify a project that can be implemented to benefit the community at large, and present a proposal focused on developing/empowering people within that community.
- Receive a sum of NGN 1,100.000 as project implementation funds and stipend
- Showcase of groups efforts across sponsors communication channels (websites, fund raising events etc)
- Souvenirs from Selfless for Africa and other partners
- A plaque
- A plaque
- Souvenirs from Selfless for Africa and other partners.
- Open to Tertiary Institution Students in Nigeria.
- Preference will be given to Development related ideas/ projects which are sustainable.
- Identify a community in Nigeria that needs support.
- Fill a community service application form
Complete the online application here.
For more information, visit Emerging Leaders Program.