MasterCard Foundation at RUFORUM Scholarship Award 2018
Deadline: March 30, 2018
The MasterCard Foundation at Regional Universities Forum (RUFORUM) Scholarship Award is open for applications. The scholarships targets academically deserving yet economically disadvantaged communities and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa. The scholarships are tenable at Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda.
Students enrolled under this program will receive comprehensive scholarships, leadership development, life skills support, entrepreneurship training and mentorship and exposure to community engagement. For the academic year 2018, 45 Bachelor and 15 Master scholarships are available.
This scholarship opportunity is open to African students of all race, colour, descent and who in particular are economically disadvantaged and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa. The applicant has to be in position to qualify for admission into undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs at Gulu University and/or Egerton University as listed above. Students already having a scholarship of any kind are not eligible to benefit this scholarship opportunity anyone with a double scholarship if found will automatically be discontinued.
The RUFORUM Technical Committee (RTC) has identified the following priority programs for the academic year 2018 as eligible for application and to be supported.
1. Bachelor of Science in Agri-Entrepreneurship and Communication Management
2. Bachelor of Science in Food and Agribusiness
3. Bachelor of Science in Biosystems Engineering
4. Bachelor of Science Education (Agriculture)
1. Master of Science in agri-enterprises development
2. Master of Science in Food security and community nutrition
1. Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
2. Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education and Extension
3. Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
4. Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
5. Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
1. Master of Science in Agronomy
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the African region scholarship quota
- Be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefits from the national respective scholarship quota
- Be from economically disadvantaged
- Be less than 25 years for Bachelor and less than 30 years for Master studies at the time of application
- Should have completed secondary school and/or diploma for a Bachelor degree application not more than two years from the time of the Call
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the University of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University).
- For admission into Gulu University for a (HSC) or its equivalent with two principal passes. For admission into Egerton University one must have completed the (KSCE) or its equivalent with at least C+ grade.
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Have commitment to working in the agricultural value chains
- Have a strong commitment to community transformation
Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
Application forms (for admission and scholarship) must be submitted to the respective university of choice. The deadline for submission of application forms is Friday 30th March 2018 at 17:00 hours (GMT+3).
For more information, visit MasterCard Foundation at RUFORUM.