Deadline: February 16, 2018
The recruitment process is open for the A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships for study in the UK between October 2018 and September 2019. The A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships are awarded every year to English language teachers from outside the UK to study for Masters in ELT at the University of Warwick.
The Trust was set up by A.S.Hornby in 1961 to support English language teaching worldwide. A.S.Hornby had a distinguished career in English language teaching and developed the Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dictionary, which is still published in its 8th edition by Oxford University Press. The Trust is a registered charity in the UK.
The scholarships fund study on the one-year Masters in TESOL at the University of Warwick
- The scholarships cover all the costs in the UK including a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses, tuition fees, and return air tickets, tuition fees, visa and IELTS test costs
- Eligible applicants for the scholarship award must have at least two years’ full-time English language teaching experience and a full university degree.
- Applicants also require the level of English proficiency required by the university (this is normally assessed according to IELTS – scholars require an overall score of 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in any of the categories).
- The Hornby Scholarships are intended to support experienced English language teachers who have the potential to make a significant future contribution to English language teaching and teachers in their countries
Applicants are selected by a four-stage process.
- In the first stage, the quality of the application form is assessed.
- In the second stage, selected applicants are invited for an interview at the British Council office in their country of origin.
- In the third stage, selected applicants apply to the university.
- In the fourth stage, the successful applicant is accepted by the university. Only at this stage is the scholarship award is confirmed with the applicant.
For general inquiries about the scholarships: [email protected]
Complete the online application form.
For more information, visit Hornby Trust Scholarships.