Deadline: June 30, 2018
Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF) is looking for brilliant and innovative undergraduate students willing to carry out their academic internship (SIWES) in the organization. YTF is an international non-profit. They work with rural and low-income communities demonstrating the power of appropriate technology for development.
The interns should be part of the YTF team and also will be among the prestigious 3D Africa ambassadors. They will learn from the 3D Africa programs and from the entire YTF team on 21st-century engineering/technology skills and organizational behaviours. They will be able to translate the skills they learned to tackle their immediate community challenges, gain a successful pathway into entrepreneurship and civic leadership.
3D Africa is an educational and training program that doesn’t just teach you 3D printing. You will learn how to sell what you create and how to build a business or a career around 3D printing.
3D Africa Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Classroom Training: Interns will attend structured classes and workshops during the placement period.
- Training: Support trainer for 3D Africa (for University Students) and 3D Africa Clubs in Secondary Schools.
- Design: Support program officers to implement organization-wide programs. Involvement in program design, implementation and measuring results.
- Program Planning: Organize and support the implementation of #HackforGood2018, 3D Africa’s annual hackathon.
- Ambassador: Actively engage with 3D Africa stakeholders and supporters on social media to share impact stories and YTF’s work.
Final Project: Implement final project based on learning acquired and internship related activities. The project must be approved by 3D Africa at the beginning of the internship and implemented satisfactorily at the conclusion of your internship after which sign off will be provided to your university.
- You will be able to translate the skills they learned to tackle their immediate community challenges
- You will gain a successful pathway into entrepreneurship and civic leadership.
- Monthly stipends provided.
- Open to Undergraduate from Higher Institutions in Nigeria.
For more information, visit Youth for Technology.