Deadline: February 19, 2018
The East-West Center invites young people from ASEAN countries to apply for the YSEALI Impact XL. The YSEALI Impact XL is an innovative YSEALI Regional Workshop with the mission to empower impact entrepreneurs. This first-ever event held at Inle Lake, Myanmar from May 13 – 18, 2018 is hosted by the U.S. Embassy Rangoon with support from the U.S. State Department Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative and organized by the East-West Center.
- Accelerate “XL-erate” the development of your impact enterprise
- Access different types of impact business models and effective tools
- Utilize mechanisms and approaches for securing investor funding
- Create business partnerships within new networks of ASEAN and U.S. impact entrepreneurs
- Become a more competitive applicants to ASEAN or U.S. accelerators
- Incorporate corporate social responsibility and ethical business practices into your business models
- Exercise adaptive leadership skills
- Understand key aspects of Myanmar’s unique history and economic changes following the recent democratic developments
- Be a YSEALI member. Not a member yet? Join here
- Be between the ages of 20-30 and from an ASEAN country
- Have a current impact enterprise (an enterprise with positive social and environmental impact)
- Be available for
- pre-event online engagement (2 hours/week)
- May 13-18, 2018 event in Myanmar
- post-event implementation (1 year, time varies)
The application deadline has been extended for applicants from Brunei, Laos, and Myanmar.
- Read the instructions for each item carefully before entering your information.
- The application software does not log you out automatically when you exit your browser. Therefore, it is important that you sign out from your application account especially when you are using a public computer.
- Since you will not be able to edit your application after submitting, make sure to review your application before submitting. If your application is not ready, you can save it as a draft and submit it at a later time. The saved drafts of your application can be found in your account under My Submissions (or Submissions).
- If, after submission, you need to change something in your application, contact the YSEALI team at [email protected]
For more information, visit YSEALI Impact XL.