Deadline: March 1, 2018
The Berlin-based Forum Transregionale Studien and the Irmgard Coninx Foundation invite postdoctoral researchers in the humanities and social sciences to apply for the Irmgard Coninx Prize Fellowship for Transregional Studies in the framework of its research programs. The Forum Transregionale Studien is a research organization that provides scope for collaboration among researchers with different regional and disciplinary perspectives and that appoints researchers from all over the world as Fellows.
The Forum Transregionale Studien aims to contribute to such a revision that includes curriculum reform, terminological innovation, and a rethinking of the prevailing narratives of social change. By bringing scholars from a variety of disciplines and from different locations to Berlin, the Forum promotes intellectual dialogue across fields of specialization and between area studies and the systematic disciplines. The aim is to arrive at a novel understanding of the interrelated processes that have shaped social dynamics locally and globally.
The Irmgard Coninx Prize Fellowship for Transregional Studies consists of one research fellowship of up to 10 months and is awarded to a project dealing with a particular research question that relates disciplinary and area-based knowledge in mutually beneficial ways.
The winner of the award will be able to carry out a research project of his or her own choice and to participate in the scholarly activities of one of the above-mentioned research programs at the Forum. Like the other Fellows, he or she will be affiliated with a research institution in Berlin. The prize will be awarded by a joint jury of the Forum and the Irmgard Coninx Foundation.
Postdoctoral fellows will receive a monthly stipend of 2,500 € plus a supplement depending on their personal situation. Organizational support regarding visa, insurances, housing, etc. will be provided. Fellows are obliged to work in Berlin and to contribute to the ongoing discussions at the Forum.
- Applicants should have obtained their doctorate within the last seven years. As a rule, the fellowships start on 1 October 2018 and end on 31 July 2019.
- The working language of the fellowship is English.
An application consists of
- a curriculum vitae
- a project description (no longer than 5 pages, including a brief summary) stating what the scholar will work on in Berlin if granted a fellowship, and to which program of the Forum the project relates to
- a sample of the applicant’s scholarly work (maximum 20 pages from an article, conference paper, or dissertation chapter)
- names of two university faculty members who can serve as referees (no letter of recommendation required).
The application should be submitted as four separate word documents or PDF files in English and should be received by 1 March 2018, sent by e-mail to:
Forum Transregionale Studien
Attn: Georges Khalil
For more information, visit Irmgard Coninx Prize Fellowship.