Anzisha Prize 2018 for Young African Entrepreneurs (Win a share of $100,000 and a trip to South Africa)
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Applications for Anzisha Prize 2018 is now open! The Anzisha Prize is a pan-African award and support program for youth entrepreneurship. The Anzisha Prize supports entrepreneurship by finding, celebrating, and scaling Africa’s young entrepreneurs between the ages of 15 and 22.
Supported by African Leadership Academy (ALA) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, the Anzisha Prize celebrates and cultivates the next generation of young African entrepreneurial leaders who are creating job opportunities, solving local development problems and driving economies. If you are a young African entrepreneur and you would like to win a share of $100,000, apply now.
Value of the Fellowship
Additional investment of $8,000/ $10,000 in each Fellow
- Monetary Reward of a shared amount of $100,000
- $2,000 access to a world- renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance
- $2,500 worth of rewards from consulting and mentorship services
- $2,000 worth of rewards from Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support
- $1,000 worth of rewards from Regional Indabas across the continent
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before April 16, 1994 or after April 16, 2001 will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Your business must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! You have time to get started now and have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started a business together). One person can apply for the Prize, on behalf of the team.
To be selected as one of our Anzisha ventures, your business or project will be judged on the following 5 criteria:
- Already Running Venture: Is the venture established with customers and beneficiaries? Does the venture deliver value to said beneficiaries and customers?
- Founder-led: Is the venture led and managed by the founder?
- Impact: Has the venture demonstrated some impact already?
- Scalability: If the venture is a for-profit business, does it already earn revenues and does it have potential increase revenues with the support of Anzisha? If the venture is a not-for-profit enterprise, does it already reach beneficiaries and does it have the potential to reach many more beneficiaries with support from Anzisha?
- Job Creation: Has the venture created some jobs and has the potential to create more high quality jobs?
To be selected as one of our Anzisha Fellows, you must demonstrate the two following qualities:
- Venture leader: Are you the leader of your venture and do you drive both venture strategy and operations?
- Commitment: Do you spend at least 20 hours a week or more on your business and will you continue to do so after selection?
In order to complete your application you will need to have the following documents ready:
- A copy of your ID (Identification Document)
- Company registration documents (if your venture is registered)
- Logos for your venture/project
- Pictures of your project
- A photo of yourself
Note that you can save your application at any stage, and return later to complete the questions. If you need help, email us on [email protected].
For more information, visit Anzisha Prize.