Calling Worldchangers: Apply for UNITE 2030 Hackathon Competition 2018
Deadline: March 28, 2018
The International Development House (IDHouse) invites applications for UNITE 2030, a virtual, 2-day hackathon for the Sustainable Development Goals through enterprise and innovation. Their mission for Unite 2030 is to unite the next generation of worldchangers in order to ignite social change by turning their passion into action. The theme of UNITE 2030 – 2018 is Uniting Youth for Equality.
About UNITE 2030
On the 7th and 8th of April, 2018, Worldchangers from around the globe will virtually convene for a 48-hour Hackathon competition. Worldchangers will be split up into teams of 4-5 based on the social issues that they’re passionate about. Teams will then be presented with a global challenge that they must solve within the presented time frame.
Throughout the 48 hours, Worldchangers will watch workshops hosted by world-class experts, work closely with their team to quickly, and diligently address the challenge, Teams will then present their solutions within the framework that we provide. Judges will select finalists, and then winners, who will take home the title of UNITE 2030 Global Champions 2018.
UNITE 2030 will tackle the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- SDG 1: No Poverty
- SDG 2: Zero Hunger
- SDG 3: Good Health and Well-Being
- SDG 4: Quality Education
- SDG 5: Gender Equality
- SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities
- Work with a team of emerging worldchangers on developing innovative solutions to critical international challenges;
- Connect with a network of young people passionate about solving the SDGs;
- Gain knowledge and insight into what it takes to develop a world-changing idea from the ground up;
- Attend workshops throughout the event on essential topics for changing the world;
- The chance to win prizes such as acceptance to IDHouse‘s 2018 Youth Delegate Programme.
- You must be between 18-30 years old by April 8th, 2018.
- You must be fluent in English.
- You have access to a computer (with a working microphone and speakers) for the duration of the event.
- You must have access to strong WiFi.
- You must have a passion for global change and a willingness to learn.
The programme is funded – however, they require a small application fee from the participants to ensure that they turn up on the day!
Complete the online application here.
For more information, visit UNITE 2030.