FoodStars Green Startup Accelerator Program in The Hague 2018
Deadline: March 7, 2018
The FoodStars Green Startup Accelerator Program 2018 is open for applications. The FoodStars Accelerator is designed to accelerate your startup in a very short time to maximize your market opportunity. During the six-month program you are fast-tracked in bringing your product to market quickly and getting investment ready. They offer you all the proven support to take the important next steps in your business.
Here is why you should apply for their program.
- Bootcamp – 1,5-week | 3rd – 12th of April. Following a thorough selection process, they invite around twenty startups to their accelerator program. They begin with a 10-day Bootcamp, which is a pressure cooker to prepare you for your lean market validation.
- Getting Ready – 2 weeks | 13th – 26th April. Following the Bootcamp, they discuss together with you and our partners whether you join the final selection for the rest of the program. They select around ten startups based on their validation approach. They help you with organizing your stay in the Netherlands and getting ready for your market validation. Once you make it to the selection, they also invest in your company with cash.
- Presentation Day – Tuesday April 26th. During the Presentation Day you pitch your business and validation plan to a diverse audience of FoodStars business partners, investors, potential customers, industry and research organizations. They provide you with valuable feedback on your validation plan and business leads.
- Validation – 2 months | 1st May – July 2nd. During these two months, you are in your market, whether in the Netherlands or abroad, to validate all assumptions in your business plan and prepare your market entry. Next to your coach you can rely on the support of our local business development partners.
- Validation Summit – Monday July 2nd. They finish the Validation phase with a Validation Summit. This is the formal close-out where you invite all your (potential) customers and investors, business angels, suppliers, partners etc. Everyone who is interested in buying, selling or enabling your product/service. By now the formal accelerator program has ended, but you have just started! Y
- Standby Acceleration Support – 2 months | Monday July 2nd – end of September. During these two months, you can focus on dealmaking with partners, customers, investors. They are there for you to provide additional support if you need it. This includes co-working space at a reduced price.
- Closing Conference – end of September. The closing conference will provide you an excellent platform to present your product/service, meet new potential investors, peers, media, and many others. This is where we celebrate your success!
During the entire program, you are supported by a personal coach with whom you have regular meetings.
By participating in FoodStars Accelerator you receive:
- Hands-on business development support
- Validation in local market
- One-on-one coaching
- Offline learning modules on market segmentation; team; financial modelling; lean validation approach; investment proposition; valuation; marketing/sales; impact measurement; branding; valuation; pitch training
- Matchmaking between start-ups and investors, business partners and clients
- Support to build operational, financial, managerial capacity
- Opening new networks (distribution channels, client base, investors)
- Access to online community of innovative start-up entrepreneurs and FoodStars partners
- € 15K capital injection in return for an 8% equity stake
- They welcome both startups and spinoffs.
- You have an impact-driven mindset
… to contribute to UN Sustainable Development Goals, preferably goal 12
- You have a reliable team
… of at least two, committed to making your startup a success
- You have a compelling business case
…addressing a pressing market need
- You are at a stage
…where you at least have a prototype or a Minimum Viable Product
- Your proposition is scalable
…to other sectors/applications, cities, countries or regions.
For more information, visit FoodStars Accelerator.