AEOP Summer STEM Apprenticeships 2018 for Students in the US (Stipend Available)
Deadline: February 28, 2018
Universities and Department of Defense (DoD) labs are currently accepting applications from high school and college students for the AEOP Summer STEM Apprenticeships 2018. The AEOP apprenticeships are an excellent way to learn about STEM research in a university or DoD laboratory.
The Apprenticeship offers various programs under two categories:
For High School Students
- Research & Engineering Apprenticeship Program (REAP): A commuter summer STEM program that places talented high school students from groups historically under-represented and underserved in STEM. Research apprenticeships take place at universities. REAP apprentices work on a hands-on research project, under the direct supervision of a mentor.
- High School Apprenticeship Program (HSAP): A commuter summer STEM program, open to current high school juniors and seniors with an authentic science and engineering research experience alongside university researchers. Through this summer commuter program, students will develop skills in critical science and engineering research areas.
- Science and Engineering Apprenticeship Program (SEAP): A commuter summer program that matches practicing DoD scientists with talented high school students creating a direct mentor-student relationship. SEAP participants receive first-hand research experience and exposure to Department of Defense laboratories.
For College Students
- College Qualified Leaders (CQL): A commuter program that takes place in a Department of Defense laboratory. Undergraduate students are matched one on one with scientists and engineers and are provided a firsthand research experience. Summer term or year-round opportunities are available.
- Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program (URAP): A commuter program that provides undergraduate students with an authentic science and engineering research experience. The apprenticeships are held during the summer months at an Army-funded laboratory on a university campus.
- All students receive a stipend during their summer STEM experience.
- Open to High School and College Students in the US;
- Students must be US citizens or permanent legal residents to be eligible to apply;
- Additional age requirements may be specified by location.
Click on the program you wish to apply for:
For more information, visit AEOP Summer STEM Apprenticeships.