AfDB’s Africa of my Dreams Writing Contest 2018 (Win a trip to Korea and more)
Deadline: March 26, 2018
What does the Africa of your dreams look like? What hopes and dreams do you have? How do you envision the future? Submit entries for the AfDB’s Africa of my Dreams Writing Contest 2018. Ahead of the AfDB’s Annual Meetings, that will be held on the theme “Accelerating Africa’s Industrialization”, in Busan, Korea, in May 2018, the AfDB has launched this writing competition for young Africans.
As an African organization serving Africans, the African Development Bank’s dream is to build today a better future for Africa tomorrow. Their goal is to unlock the potential of Africa’s youth. They envision a continent that is dynamic, prosperous and led by the visionary leadership of its largest demographic asset – the youth. The Bank recognizes the energy, creativity and innovative thinking that many of Africa’s youth bring to the table.
Applicants are expected to write an article on one of the following:
- Smart Cities and Urban Development
- The Internet of Things
- Agriculture as a Business
- 4th Industrial Revolution
- ICTs and the video game industry
- Inclusive and sustainable industrial development
- Integrating Africa through Entertainment
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- The future of entrepreneurship
- Health innovation
- Four winners will receive an all-expense paid trip to attend the Korea event;
- Winners in each category will also take home a laptop computer, and runners-up will get tablets.
- Open to young Africans aged 20-29 as of May 31, 2018;
- Must be legally allowed to travel internationally;
- Must hold a valid passport, or be able to obtain one prior to attending the Annual Meetings;
- Must be a citizen of one of the 54 African countries;
- Entries must be submitted in English or French (the African Development Bank’s official languages);
- Young Media Practitioners: Must submit an unpublished piece no longer than 1,000 words, related to the contest’s theme;
- Young Contestants: Must submit an essay, article or creative writing piece, no longer than 1,000 words, related to the contest’s theme;
- In addition to their submitted pieces, participants will be required to submit a proof of identity – passport, birth certificate or national icard.
For more information, visit Africa of my Dreams Writing Contest.