Call for International Mentors: SEALNet Project Vietnam 2018 (PV18)
Deadline: March 8, 2018
Application for International Mentors of the project is currently open for Project Vietnam 2018: Social Emotional Learning, a 2-week service and leadership project authorized by SEALNet. SEALNet Project Vietnam 2018 (PV18) aims to implement a safe and innovative environment where happiness and mental well-being could be enhanced by applying Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Alternative Education.
Southeast Asian Service Leadership Network (SEALNet) is a non-profit organization founded at Stanford University, the USA in 2004 that works throughout Southeast Asia to promote the spirit of service leadership and to contribute to the development of future leaders.. This year, SEALNet undertakes this mission by authorizing 4 summer projects across Southeast Asia. Project Vietnam 2018: Social Emotional Learning is one of them.
They believe that via meditation, SEL and artistic workshops, participants will be led to better self-awareness, tranquil mindfulness, positive social and emotional abilities, and the power to feel satisfied in everyday life. PV18 will take place in Hue City, Vietnam from July 22 to August 5, 2018.
PV18 aims to create a space where people explore themselves, develop themselves and be themselves. This is where mentors can live more calmly, more generously and more happily, where they will help to make meaningful changes in the life of mentees.
Mentors play an important role in designing the program curriculum and facilitating activities with core team members. Moreover, mentors will take care of mentees and make sure mentees can catch up and take advantages of the project.
Being a mentor of PV18 means developing your leadership with dynamic fellows from all over the world while providing service to the community. In addition, this is also where exciting cultural exchanges take place and where close-knit and long-lasting relationship begins.
Responsibilities of Mentor
- Contributing to Program curriculum design and Project Organization
- Facilitating activities on ground
- Taking care of mentees and make sure mentees can catch up and take advantages of the project.
- Developing insight into Social Emotional Learning and Alternative Education
- Expanding knowledge on one of the most severe issues in Southeast Asia – excessive pressure & decreasing happiness – and contributing to viable solutions
- Refreshing your mind with meditation and a peaceful, happy Program curriculum
- Working with dynamic and creative youths from all over the world
- Developing your leadership, event planning skill, teamwork and empathy
- Experiencing cultural exchange with fellow mentors and developing relationships that go beyond border
- Visiting and exploring Hue, one of the most serene cities in the Central Vietnam
All on-site costs within the duration of the project (accommodations and food) are covered by SEALNet except flight tickets to and from Hue City. However, you should also bring some cash for souvenirs or any other personal expenditures.
- Anyone above 18 years of age with previous experience of leadership and deep passion for a better society are welcomed to apply.
- Previous experience with meditation, Social Emotional Learning or Alternative Education is NOT a must, but will add strong points to application.
The following application is for applicants who would like to participate in our two-week long summer service leadership projects as Project Members (Mentors).
Read the FAQs: https://goo.gl/Lsb4s7
Complete the application form (Choose Project Vietnam as your first choice)
For more information, visit SEALNet.