YO!Fest Emerging Bands Contest 2018 (Fully-funded to Perform at EYE2018 in Strasbourg)
Deadline: March 18, 2018
Calling all European emerging bands! The European Youth Forum and JM International invite you to apply for the popular YO!Fest Emerging Bands Contest. Don’t miss your opportunity to shine! The aim of EBC is to find the best young European bands and give them the opportunity to showcase their music in front of an international public, and open for exciting headliners.
The YO!Fest is a part of the European Youth Event, which combines politics, debates and workshops with live music and a variety of artistic performances. This perfect mix for an enjoyable and meaningful experience will take place in Strasbourg (France) on 1st and 2nd June.
The winning bands will get the travel to/from Strasbourg, local transport, accommodation and food covered to play on stage at the European Youth Event 2018.
- Each winner will have a 30 minutes performance at YO!Fest 2018.
- YO!Fest will cover the winning bands’ travels to/from Strasbourg, their local transportation in Strasbourg, accommodation, food plus €50 per band member.
- The winners will be announced in April by email and/or by telephone.
- Bands are expected to arrive in Strasbourg on the 31th May, perform on the 1st or 2nd of June and depart on the 3rd of June.
- The contest is open for bands with maximum 8 members that are between 18 and 30 years old and coming from:
- European Union member countries
- EU candidate countries (Albania, FYROM, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey)
- EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland)
- Bands should play a genre that is accessible to a wide variety of people.
Bands must submit their entries, including band’s info, music and links, online by 18th March 2018. Four winners will be selected, 3 Bands and 1 DJ.
For more information, visit YO!Fest.