Startup Chile: The S Factory Pre-accelerator for Female Founders 2018 (Win $15k and 1-year Resident Visa)
Deadline: March 13, 2018
Startup Chile is accepting applications for The S Factory. They are looking for projects that are technology related with potential for high impact. Join them for a 4 months experience to learn vital skills for a strong start in the world of entrepreneurship. The S Factory is a pre-accelerator where female leaders turn innovative ideas into scalable businesses.
As an S Factory participant you will be a part of a groundbreaking entrepreneurial experience. You will have the chance to broaden your thinking and approach opportunities and business in a new way. You will meet other like-minded vibrant entrepreneurs from all over the world and will be able to collaborate with them throughout the program.
S Factory participants will receive a grant of $10,000,000 CLP, a 1-year Resident Visa for the Founder and Team Members specified in the application as well as access to their Santiago co-working space. Given the collaborative workspace and regular activities held by the program, you will have many opportunities to socialise with your peers and grow your industry network.
- Startup training – This 4 months program hosts workshops and training from experienced entrepreneurs and mentors.
- Equity free funding: $10.000.000 CLP (around $15,000 USD) funding to help you to get off the ground. This funding is equity free, meaning we don´t take a cut of the company.
- 4 months experience: To turn your ideas into a viable business. Startups may validate their idea, build an MVP and get ready for the next level of investment. It is perfect to turn an idea into a reality.
They are looking for globally-minded female enthusiasts that want to begin their entrepreneurial journey. Your startup should be globally oriented and scalable! We are looking for dedicated individuals who will live and work in Chile for the 4-month duration.
- All participants must be over 18 years of age
- The participants that apply must be Chilean or foreign natural persons who are the founders or owners of a global project to be implemented using Chile as a platform.
- At least one of the founders must be a woman
- Founders with just an idea and the right team to execute it are suitable to apply, as well as teams that have already built a basic version of a prototype.
- They are seeking early-stage projects to support which are still in their first 12 months
The female founder must be
- 100% dedicated to the project. This means that she cannot be employed in any other company or studying while participating in the program.
- Willing to relocate to Santiago, Chile for the entire 12 weeks program and take in consideration an additional month to take care about the legal processes involved
- Product or Service 30%
- Market and Competitive Advantage 20%
- Founder 35% and Team 15%
To apply you will need to submit an application using their online platform. The application includes questions about leadership, the team and your motivations. In addition, you will need to submit a 2-minute video and have a referee outline why you and your team are best suited to tackle your problem.
- Recommendation Letters: They want to hear from someone that believes in your project and is confident in your team. This may be an industry professional, a fellow entrepreneur or a former boss. Add their contact to your application and allow enough time for them to respond within the application deadlines.
- Video Pitch: Provide a 2 minute video of yourself along with your team explaining what problem you will be solving, the solution, and what makes you the right team to build this startup. Your enthusiasm is equally as important as the production quality
For more information, visit Startup Chile.