Deadline: March 15, 2018
MedCulture is pleased to announce the open call for application for the fourth edition of CHOUFTOUHONNA, Tunis International Feminist Art Festival, which will be held on September 6-9, 2018. CHOUFTOUHONNA believes in an intersectional feminism and wants to be inclusive. Thereby, the festival defends an art that emphasizes women’s visions and rights, but most of all has the ambition to give a space of expression to women, in their diversity.
Each new edition proves a little more to us the need of an artistic space dedicated to the women, according to the success met in Tunisia but also in relation with artists of the whole world. Indeed, MedCulture had the privilege of hosting the works of more than 700 artists in three years revealing solidarity and building a real community around the festival.
There are six categories for the festival:
- Fine Arts: This category includes painting, sculpture, ceramics, engravings.
- Scenic Arts: This category includes dance, circus, theater, expression body, live performances, slam, poetry.
- Digital Arts: This category brings together graphic and digital arts, still and animated (drawing, comics, photomontage/collage, etc)
- Music and
- Cinema: This category includes all categories (short and very short feature films, feature films, documentaries, animations
- The Call for Participation is for assigned women at birth or person identifying as women;
- Applicants should be artists and creators from any country;
- Individuals or groups may apply.
Click on the category you are interested in and apply:
For more information, visit Tunis International Feminist Art Festival.