Deadline: March 23, 2018
Climate Tracker is looking for young writers from around the world who want to make a big impact in their countries by writing about the necessity to stay below 1.5 degrees of warming and the ways in which we can reach that target: 100% renewable energy, natural climate solutions and zero fossil fuels and their vested influence. Join the “Stay below 1.5!” writing competition and win a fully funded fellowship to the May climate negotiations in Bonn, Germany!
The best submission can win you an invitation to the UN climate negotiations in May 2018, which will be held in Bonn, Germany. There you will receive training on climate and journalism by Climate Tracker, get to attend the international climate negotiations and meet amazing people from everywhere in the world! You cannot miss this chance!
- Every country in the world is eligible to participate
- Applicants should be between 18 and 30 years. But you can apply anyway, if you do not fulfil this requirement
- You can publish in any language you prefer
- You don’t have to be an expert in the topic to join
- Write an article about why we must stay below 1.5 degrees of warming and how we can achieve that.
- By that time, you have to publish an article in media in your country or region. It can be a newspaper, a magazine, an online news site, etc. Once your article is published, make sure to submit the link to them through their app before the 23rd March.
- Climate Tracker will revise the articles submitted through the app, give you feedback and tips, and select the best writers. The 2 best writers will get a fully funded fellowship to Bonn, Germany for the UNFCCC meeting.
To help you write about these issues, Climate Tracker will prepare information toolkits, webinars with experts and give you help and feedback on how to pitch to editors, get an article published or learn more about climate in your region. To be up to date with the details of the program, check the app regularly.
For more information, visit Climate Tracker.