Apply to become an International Youth Federation (IYF) Representative in Africa
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Applications are now open for the positions of the IYF Representatives in African countries. The positions aim to recognize exceptional young leaders in Africa who are leaders in the effort to contribute to a better future for young people.
The Fédération Internationale de la Jeunesse in English International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide. The IYF is a part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network.
The International Youth Federation in Africa (IYFAF) works to promote youth empowerment and advance the role of youth to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the African countries and enhance the cooperation between youth organizations, governments, and the international community. It provides policy guidance and oversight to the Country Teams in the member countries.
The IYF Representative is a senior member of the International Youth Federation will serve as official Representative for IYF in his/her country. The Representative provides technical and leadership to IYF Country Team (IYFCT). The primary responsibility of the Representative is to ensure successful engagement of the IYF with the youth communities at the national level.
Position title: Representative
Duration: 4 Years
Supervisor/Report to: IYF Regional Director
Job type: Voluntary Service (VS) Part-Time
- IYF Promotion Activities
- Team Leadership
- Coordination Duties
- Communications Duties
- Only (18-38) age is accepted for this position.
- Be a citizen of the assigned country.
- Highly interest in youth empowerment, youth issues.
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with a diverse community.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly, accurately and effectively.
- Experience and results preferred at national level preferred in youth empowerment role, development, communications, international relations, youth studies, sport, women empowerment, youth-led organizations or another relevant field.
- Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
The application/nominations will be accepted from the following countries:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic (CAR), Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Strategic planning and creative thinking.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Drive for Results.
- Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Leadership, Advocacy, Engagement, and Influence.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting.
- Ability to lead and manage corporate strategic initiatives.
- Excellent computer, internet, social media and information system skills.
Kindly send your resume, or your nominee resume to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit International Youth Federation.