Apply for the International Japanese Camp in Thailand 2018
Deadline: March 12, 2018
The Japan Foundation, New Delhi is happy to announce that the Thai Ministry of Education and the Japan Foundation, Bangkok are inviting students and teachers from all over the world to attend the 2018 International Japanese Camp in Thailand. The International Japanese Camp is an educational program where high school students from various countries gather together to engage in project-
A characteristic of the camp is this “Project-Based” approach, with the goal of building and improving upon students’ 21st Century skills. Through the Japanese-learners from various countries coming together, using active learning to work on and present solutions to a problem, they will aim to acquire 21st Century skills and increase international exchange. The Theme of the 2018 Camp is “What is waste? The 3Rs – Let’s Work Together!”
- All camp cost including local transportation within Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi International Airport pick up and drop), accommodation and meals during the camp will be provided by the organizers;
- Transportation expenses and other expenses to Bangkok Airport, including Visa application and Traveler’s insurance will be covered by the participant.
- For Students
- Applicants should be currently studying Japanese language at high school (between the ages of 16 and 18 as of the starting of the program);
- JLPT level N5 or above;
- Being cooperative
- Get consent from their school and legal guardians to participate
- For Teachers
- Currently teaching Japanese at secondary school
- JLPT level N4 or above
- Get consent from their school to participate
- Participating Countries: Approximately 30 countries including the 10 ASEAN countries (Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, Brunei), South Korea, China, Australia, India, US, other countries with a Japan Foundation office etc.
Students are to submit an application form and pre-task form, while teachers are to complete and submit only the application form. Submit completed applications by email to the Japan Foundation, New Delhi via email@example.com
A telephone interview of the shortlisted applicants will be conducted on March 14-15, 2018. Applicants will be notified about the date and timings prior to the interview.
For more information, visit International Japanese Camp.