YALI RLC Southern Africa Online Fellowship Program Cohort 3 & 4
Deadline: March 18, 2018
Applications are open for the online cohort of the YALI Regional Leadership Conference (YALI RLC) South Africa. The RLC SA will develop the young African leaders in Business and Entrepreneurship Development; Civic Leadership; and Public Management and Governance through a hybrid of innovative and complimentary approaches that include contact sessions; online mentoring; online self-paced tuition; industry placements and experiential learning.
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The need to invest in grooming strong, results-oriented leaders comes out of the statistics: nearly 1 in 3 Africans are between the ages of 10 and 24, and approximately 60% of Africa’s total population is below the age of 35.
The RLC SA aims to:
- Create critical thinkers
- Solve complex and multidisciplinary problems
- Foster entrepreneurial thinking
- Innovative use of information, knowledge and opportunities
- Encourage communication and multicultural collaboration
- Create awareness of contemporary African issues
- Applicants should be between the age of 18 and 35;
- Be proficient in English language;
- Be committed to positively impact Africa, their own countries as well as communities;
- Show demonstrated leadership capabilities and interest in Public Management, Entrepreneurship Development and Civic Leadership;
- Be committed to serve the development agenda of the African continent;
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity;
- Young leaders from the following countries are eligible to participate in the programme: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Selection for participation in the YALI RLC SA will be conducted by a selection panel which will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- A proven record of leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement. They can be new entrants in public and private service institutions looking to develop their leadership abilities.
- Proven record of knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected.
- Proven record of active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge of youth leadership and development issues
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a small or large team setting
- Proven computer skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Positive attitude
- Dedication, responsibility and reliability
For more information, visit YALI RLC SA.