Apply to attend G(irls)20 Global Summit 2018 in Argentina (Fully-funded)
Deadline: April 6, 2018
Applications are open for the 9th annual G(irls)20 Global Summit in Argentina. The G(irls)20 Summit is modeled after the G20 Summit and culminates in a one-day symposium with local and international panelists, keynotes, and experts on economic and social issues facing girls and women.
20+ young women from around the world will arrive in Buenos Aires for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors. Delegates contribute the economic and social issues facing girls & women in their countries to a Communiqué delivered to world leaders in advance of the G20 Summit and leave the Summit with increased confidence, new skills, and a global network that will allow them to make change as community and global advocates!
The Summit will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina from October 15-19, 2018. (Delegates to arrive October 14th). Six weeks later, the G20 leaders will also meet in Buenos Aires to hold the annual G20 Summit.
The week-long summit for delegates will include:
- Workshops building valuable leadership skills — from Emotional Intelligence to Strategic Planning
- Panels and speeches on the key issues facing girls and women globally — with an emphasis on digital inclusion and financial inclusion
- Developing a Communiqué to G20 leaders, with recommendations based on the delegates unique experience and expertise
Networking receptions with movers and shakers in the public and private sectors
- Building a network of female mentors from the across the public and private sectors
The opportunity to build lifelong friendships with 20+ young female leaders from around the world
Every applicant submits one idea for a policy recommendation to be incorporated into the Communiqué + one idea for a community development project to launch at home. Successful delegates will be expected to:
- Spend approximately 2 hours per week from June 2018 – October 2018 doing pre-summit work online
- Participate fully in the week-long Summit, including attending all sessions, making new connections, asking questions, and bringing an open mind
- Contribute to the development of a Communiqué.
- Post-summit, launch a community development project at home.
- Monthly check-ins with her mentor following Summit
G(irls)20 will cover the following costs for all delegates:
- Flights to and from Buenos Aires from their nearest major city
- Transportation to and from the airport in Buenos Aires
- Accommodation in a shared room with one other female delegate
- All meals during the week
- Travel insurance
- Costs associated with travel visas
Who can apply:
- Any young woman born within 1995-2001
- Holds or can obtain a valid passport
- Lives in and/or holds citizenship in any of the G20 member countries or additional participating regions (Middle East and North Africa, African Union, South America).
List of participating countries or regions: G20 Members:
- Canada (1 Indigenous and 1 non-Indigenous delegate)
- Republic of Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- European Union
- African Union
- MENA (Middle East and Northern Africa)
- South America (Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela)
Please note Pakistan and Afghanistan delegates have already been selected for 2018.
G(irls)20 will invite a second delegate from Canada to represent First Nations, Métis and Inuit.
Ad: Apply for Watson Institute at Lynn University BSc Program in Social Entrepreneurship (Scholarships Available)
- March 8 – April 6, 2018: Applications are Open to Delegates. Please note applications CLOSE at 15:00 EST on April 6th.
- May 2018: Shortlisted Candidates will be invited by email to an interview over Skype
- June 2018: Both successful and unsuccessful candidates notified by email
- June – October 2018: Pre-summit work takes place online.
- October 14 – October 20, 2018: The 9th annual Global Summit in Buenos Aires, Argentina! Please note all delegates must arrive on October 14th.
For more information, visit G(irls)20 Summit.