Leica Oskar Barnack Awards 2018 for Professional Photographers
Deadline: April 5, 2018
Submit entries for the Leica Oskar Barnack Awards 2018. The Awards are presented to professional photographers whose unerring powers of observation capture and express the relationship between man and the environment in the most graphic form in a sequence of a minimum of 10 up to a maximum of 12 images.
Entry submissions must be a self-contained series of images in which the photographer perceives and documents the interaction between man and the environment with acute vision and contemporary visual style – creative, groundbreaking and innovative. There are two categories of awards: The Leica Oskar Barnack Award and Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer.
- The winner of the “Leica Oskar Barnack Award” will receive a cash prize of EUR 25,000 as well as a Leica M camera and lens worth approx. EUR 10,000.
- The winner of the “Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer” will receive a cash prize of EUR 10,000 and also a Leica M camera and lens worth approx. EUR 10,000.
- The other ten finalists will each receive a cash prize of EUR 2,500.
The winners and finalists of the “Leica Oskar Barnack Award / Award Newcomer” will be informed by telephone or email. The prizes will be awarded at the official awards ceremony.
- Applicant for the category “Leica Oskar Barnack Award” should be a professional photographer. And applicant for the category “Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer” should be a prospective professional photographer and not older than 25 years;
- Submitted photos must have been personally taken by the applicant;
- Submitted photo series must have been completed in 2017/2018;
- Only one submission for this year’s “Leica Oskar Barnack Award / Award Newcomer” should be made;
- Applicants should be the sole copyright holder of the submitted photos or have been authorised by the copyright holder;
- Submitted photos have not been manipulated or altered other than standard image optimizations such as colour intensity or cropping;
- No third party can assert any rights or objections in connection with a publication;
- If the photos are submitted on behalf or in representation of a photographer, applicants must have been authorized by the photographer to accept the Terms and Conditions of Participation in his/her name and at the same time declare that the photographer accepts the Terms and Conditions.
- All entries for the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2018 must be made via the online Application Form between March 1 and April 5, 2018. The digital images prepared for uploading must be 1200 pixels high. The width of the image is variable in proportion.
- The images must also be stored with 72dpi in JPG format in the RGB color space for viewing on the web and none may exceed the maximum file size of 3 MB. They recommend storing the photos with the web optimization function available, for example, in Adobe Photoshop.
For more information, visit Leica Oskar Barnack Award.