DO School/Deutsche Telekom Smart Connection Challenge 2018 (Fully-funded to Berlin, Germany)
Deadline: April 2 and 15, 2018
The Deutsche Telekom Smart Connection Challenge is open. The DO School and Telekom Electronic Beats will bring together 20 talented young people from around the world to create compelling new ways of fostering meaningful connections through music and engagement with lifestyle products. Participants will get the opportunity to create music and lifestyle experiences that address the needs and aspirations of millennials.
To all musicians, designers, journalists, activists, entrepreneurs out there! Be one of 20 young changemakers from around the world who will be brought to Berlin, Germany to find new ways of using technology that improve the quality of connections among people.
Young people all around the world use digital technology to express themselves and exchange ideas on a vast array of topics. Recent advances in this technology offer great potential to do so despite differences in time and location. The Smart Connection Challenge invites participants from around the world to find new ways of using technology to improve the quality of these connections. Through these efforts, the goal is to enrich the existing music & lifestyle program “Telekom Electronic Beats (TEB)” for exponential growth.
Over the four week program, participants will be guided through a process of finding new nodes of connection that resonate with young people. The Smart Connection Challenge will take place one of the world’s music and lifestyle capitals, Berlin. There, participants will develop concrete products, services, or campaigns with other like-minded individuals from around the world, that inspire and connect.
What you will learn
You will join a global community of purposeful DOers and get the opportunity to learn and put into practice the DO School Method, an award-winning, tested innovation approach that equips you put your ideas into action, both quickly and effectively. You will be exposed to a network of international experts and make lifelong connections with like-minded peers who share your passion. Furthermore, the challenge provides the opportunity to take a real-life innovation from the idea phase into the implementation phase – selected products will be piloted in Europe, where Telekom Electronic Beats already has an expansive market presence.
Selected participants will receive a full scholarship covering tuition as well as travel cost to and from Berlin, local accommodation and public transport for the program duration.
- Applications are open to those over 18
- Applicants should have demonstrated a pioneering, creative spirit in fields such as – but not limited to – music, design, social entrepreneurship, technology, activism, journalism, education and/or the arts.
- Your level of English must be good enough to follow the program.
Applicants requiring a visa: April 2.
All other applicants: April 15.
Applications will be reviewed by the DO School Admissions Team after the end of each application period. Please complete your application through our online application platform by the next deadline. Also please note that once all places are filled, the application process will close.
- Step 1. Become an applicant and sign in to our online application platform. You will receive an applicant code. Use the code to activate your account. Use the code whenever you want to access your application.
- Step 2. Complete all the required parts of the DO School’s online application form. You will be asked to fill in personal information, answer application questions, and agree to the conditions of application. To save your work and return to it at another time, click the “save” button. Also please note that if you are not legally of age in your home country at the time of application, you will have to supply a permission signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Step 3. Submit your application. Once you have filled out all sections in the applications platform, you can click the “Submit” button. Once you have submitted your application, you can still reopen your application to modify your answers, but you should not forget to re-submit your application. Keep in mind that you can not submit or resubmit your application if the deadline has passed. No late submissions will be accepted. Successful submission will be confirmed by a screen saying: “Your application has been submitted”.
All applications must complete through the online application form.
For more information, visit Smart Connection Challenge.