Deadline: June 1, 2018
The Shark Tank of Wellness Student Global Competition is now open. The “Shark Tank of Wellness” competition is a unique global challenge in which three university students are rewarded for their most innovative, impactful ideas for the wellness industry. They define the wellness industry broadly and are looking for innovations in sectors as varied as architecture/design, beauty, education, fitness, hospitality, investment, medicine, nutrition, real estate, spa, technology, travel, tourism, and more.
Students are to submit a concept submission form detailing their idea, as well as a short 1-2 minute video presentation of their idea. The wellness industry is currently valued at over USD $3.7 trillion, thus providing ample opportunity for people with great ideas!
The top three finalists will be flown, along with their professors, to the annual Global Wellness Summit (GWS) held October 6-8, 2018 at the Technogym Village in Cesena, Italy. Here, they will present their business idea to the attending Summit delegates — a “who’s who” in the global wellness world. Several business leaders will act as “Wellness Sharks” and ask questions of the students, who will defend their innovation and make a business case for its feasibility.
- First Prize: One (1) first-prize winner will receive USD $5,000
- Second Prize: One (1) second-prize winner will receive USD $3,000
- Third Prize: One (1) third-prize winner will receive USD $2,000
Total value of all prizes is USD $10,000.
Additional non-cash prizes include airfare and hotel accommodations in Cesena, Italy for the top three student finalists (individual or team leader) and their professors. Also included is access to the three-day Summit (a $3,630 value) including all general sessions, breakout discussions, and industry forums, featuring global industry leaders. A myriad of social events and a final evening gala is included.
This is a priceless opportunity to meet and learn from global visionaries.
- The competition is open to both individuals and teams of students over the age of 18 from anywhere in the world. There is no entry fee.
- The contestant(s) must be an undergraduate student (working towards a one or two year diploma, a four year Bachelor’s degree or a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification) or a graduate/post-graduate student (working towards a masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD degree) in a university or college of distinction at the time they develop and submit their concept.
- The contestant(s) must be either a full-time or part-time student at the university or college, and must have a professor or faculty advisor who serves as a mentor for their project.
- If a team is chosen as one of the top three finalists, the team leaderwill be flown to Italy along with his/her professor or faculty advisor.
- Students are asked to submit a future-focused, innovative wellness idea, product or service that has the potential to become a profitable business venture.
- Each individual or team is required to submit a Concept Submission Form in addition to a one to two minute video.
- The video should include a presentation of the idea, focusing on why the innovation could positively impact the wellness industry and how exactly it could become a viable business.
- Video length: Video must be between one to two minutes.
- Video submission: Video must be uploaded on the contestant’s YouTube or Dailymotion account (Please refer to YouTube’s and Dailymotion’s upload guidelines for more information).
- The video must contain only original work and not be subject to any copyright restrictions. All entries become the property of the Global Wellness Summit, which retains the right to publish the entries in all media formats including but not limited to print, digital, and broadcast. Entry creators and the GWS will be acknowledged in all published versions.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria, which will hold equal weight:
- Project innovation
- Visual appeal or design
- Importance to the wellness industry
- Viability as a business (customer/market analysis and competitors), and
- Quality of the project presentation.
For more information, visit Shark Tank of Wellness competition.