Udacity Google Africa Scholarship Program 2018
Deadline: April 24, 2018
Application is open for the Udacity Google Africa Scholarship Program 2018, a web and android scholarship for residents of African countries. When applying, you will choose between learning web development or Android development. From there, once you’re accepted, you will be placed in one of two tracks (beginner or intermediate), depending on your existing skills and experience.
After that, the learning begins! Some scholarship recipients may be able to participate in an Andela Learning Community with partners from Andela. Finally, top students from each track will earn full scholarships to one of Google’s Android or Web Development Nanodegree programs.
The program takes place 100% online. You can work from wherever you want to, as long as you have access to a working internet connection. Depending on where you live, you may also choose to participate in optional in-person meet-ups with your scholarship classmates.
- Learn valuable skills to launch or advance your career as a mobile or web developer;
- Master world-class curriculum developed with experts from Google and Udacity;
- Join a rapidly growing community of mobile and web developers.
The Scholarship is only open to individuals who:
- At the time of entry are at least 18 years of age on the date of entry; and
- Are residents of any jurisdiction from any country in Africa that does not otherwise ban participation in the Contest or where Udacity is otherwise unable provide its services by applicable laws.
The winners will be selected by Udacity in its sole discretion. Judges will evaluate each Participant’s coursework in eligible courses and Nanodegree programs and select winners based on the following criteria:
- Satisfactory completion of the application for the Scholarship
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete or make substantial progress in online courses like those offered on Udacity.com
- Sufficient prerequisite knowledge necessary for the programs
- Review of the content of all applications will be evaluated based on the quality and thoughtfulness of their responses.
- Submissions should incorporate the following elements that the judges will use as criteria when selecting contest winners: Goal Orientation and Desire to Make an Impact, Demonstrated Determination and Diversity of Perspective
The application is straightforward, and should take 10-15 minutes. There is a single application for all, whether you’re interested in Mobile or Web, and whether you’re a beginner or already have experience. Answer what you can, to the best of your ability, and Google will do the rest!
For more information, visit Google Africa Scholarship Program.