ICTP Full Scholarships for Masters in High Performance Computing 2018/19
Deadline: April 20, 2018
The Master in High Performance Computing (MHPC) programme, coordinated by International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA), is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year. ICTP is offering full scholarships for successful applicants from developing countries. Are you interested in working on the leading edge of high performance computing? This Masters Degree is for you!
The Masters Degree in High Performance Computing is a cutting edge program designed to prepare students for the rapidly growing field of high performance computing. Set in the stimulating research environment of ICTP and SISSA, the programme combines lectures with hands-on and applied projects to prepare future HPC specialists for academia and industry.
MHPC coursework is driven by challenging scientific and technical problems that require an HPC approach. Lectures are provided by ICTP and SISSA staff and highly recognized international experts. Both institutes have long histories and experience in developing and applying scientific and research computation models.
Students who successfully complete the program will be able to address problems requiring advanced computational techniques in multiple domains, and communicate HPC technological issues in all scientific and industrial environments.
ICTP offers fellowships to candidates coming from Developing Countries: it covers the
- MHPC tuition fee
- cost-of-living expenses and
- a return ticket from the origin country.
- Open to candidates from Developing Countries
- The ideal student for the MHPC has a strong interest in information technology problems driven by scientific research or industrial needs.
- An academic Master Degree is required, although equivalent work experience may also be considered. Work experience will be evaluated during the admissions interview.
- No prior HPC knowledge is assumed, but candidates should have some experience in programming and a competence in one of the following languages: C, C++, Fortran.
- A sound knowledge of Linux operating system is also needed.
- A knowledge of Python language is assumed at the level of the first 39 exercises of the learn python the hard way
Online form for applications for full ICTP scholarship (only available for candidates from Developing Countries) now open! Questions? Write at [email protected].
Students will be selected based on information provided in their CVs, application forms, and recommendation letters. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by phone, video conference or in person.
The online application form and instructions are here.
For more information, visit ICTP Master’s Scholarships.