Deadline: April 9, 2018
Applications are open for the Eastern Partnership (EaP) Civil Society Fellowship 2018. The fellowship programme is aimed at identifying young ambitious/ high-potential/ forward-thinking civil society (including trade unions) activists from the EaP region and supporting the development of their leadership skills. The fellowship programme is designed to allow the selected fellows to implement their ideas that result in positive changes in community life and increase their leadership capacity.
The European Union is committed to supporting civil society in Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries. Developing leadership capacities and skills of future civil society leaders is one of the commitments made by the European Union in its policy on achieving ’20 Deliverables for 2020. Focusing on key priorities and tangible results’. Investment in leadership potential is expected to bring high returns in terms of professionalisation of civil society organisations and thus, their capacity to engage in constructive policy and societal dialogue in Eastern Partnership countries.
- The maximum amount of financial support available within the Fellowship Programme is EUR 5,000 per person.
- Applicant must be a natural person;
- Be a national and/or a resident of one of the Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine);
- Be between 18 and 36 years old;
- Not previously benefited from the fellowship within this programme;
- Have a proven track record of working:
- In a CSO including Trade Unions and professional associations or
- Taking a leading role in their communities by advancing issues related to health, environment, social development, transparency, etc. in one form or another;
- Be committed to values associated with respect for fundamental rights;
- Have appropriate language skills for the chosen location of proposed action;
- Assuming responsibility for the action proposed and/or showing commitment for the action proposed.
Applications are accepted via the online application system or by downloading the Application Form and sending it by email to [email protected]. Please convert all files you submit into PDF format before attaching them to your application form.