EQUALS in Tech Awards 2018 for Projects that Empower Women and Girls Worldwide
Nominations are now accepted for the 2018 EQUALS in Tech Awards. The annual EQUALS in Tech Awards recognize that information and communication technologies are a powerful tool for transforming the lives of women around the world, and that women play an important role in tech development. The award celebrates projects that help women and girls cross the digital divide.
Each year, the EQUALS in Tech Awards recognize impactful initiatives around the globe that are providing women and girls with the much-needed digital access, skills and employment opportunities necessary to navigate our increasingly digital world. By providing a platform for outstanding initiatives, the awards demonstrate the diverse and powerful ways in which ICTs can be used to improve social, political and economic prospects for women and girls – as well as the value that women bring to the tech sector.
EQUALS is a ground-breaking global initiative delivered by a committed network partnership of businesses, governments, non-profit organizations, foundations, academia, media and individuals around the world working together to bridge the digital gender divide. The prestigious international award ceremony is hosted by EQUALS Partners – with the valuable support of a growing list of leading corporate and media sponsors.
QUALS founding partners are the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), UN Women, International Trade Centre, GSMA and the United Nations University. ITU serves as Chair of the EQUALS Steering Committee, while the Internet Society serves as its Vice Chair.
Do you know a great initiative working to provide girls and women with STEM skills? Nominate it for the 2018 EQUALSinTech Awards!
Prizes are awarded for outstanding achievement and innovative strategies, in four categories:
- ACCESS: Improving women and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity and security
- SKILLS: Supporting development of science, technology, engineering and math skills of women and girls
- Promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
- Initiatives promoted by tech sector companies to bridge the digital gender divide
- RESEARCH: Initiatives working to expand digital gender divide knowledge in support of evidence-based decision-making
- Gain recognition and international visibility for your innovative work
- Engage with diverse stakeholders and network with potential partners, including prospective donors
- Share knowledge and best practices with like-minded audiences
- Become a part of the growing EQUALS community
- Exceptional initiatives that are using the power of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to empower women and girls across the globe are invited to submit nominations.
- The awards are open to civil society, government agencies, UN system and international organizations, companies and academia.
- Nominate yourself or others who have done exceptional work to bridge the digital gender divide.
A distinguished jury of experts will select a shortlist of EQUALS in Tech Awards nominees. The winners will be selected from this shortlist and announced at the awards ceremony.
For more information, visit EQUALS in Tech Awards.