UNESCO International Youth Forum on Creativity and Heritage along the Silk Roads 2 (Fully-funded to China)
Deadline: April 1, 2018
The UNESCO International Youth Forum on Creativity and Heritage along the Silk Roads 2 is open for applications. UNESCO, in collaboration with the National Commission of People’s Republic of China for UNESCO, invites young women and men from countries along the maritime and terrestrial Silk Roads to participate in the International Youth Forum to be held in Changsha and Nanjing, 21-27 May 2018.
The objectives of this International Youth Forum (a.k.a. IYF2) are to:
- Provide a forum for young people working in creativity, literature, and heritage to voice their interests and concerns on advancing work in their field
- Mobilize their increased engagement in literature, cultural and creative industries and in the protection and promotion of our common heritage.
IYF2 is being organized to support youth experienced in literature, cultural and creative industries and in protecting and promoting heritage, as well as those in the advanced stages of their studies in these areas. This will include 10 participants selected to take part to the “Experience Changsha Media Arts Program”, which will provide an opportunity to delve over a period of three weeks in the creative industry panorama of the vibrant city of Changsha.
About Experience Changsha Media Arts Program
The Experience Changsha Media Arts program will last for three (3) weeks, 28 May to 15 June 2018 inclusive. It is aimed at young persons’ already qualified with work experience and or formal training in Media Arts. The Experience Changsha Media Arts program will provide an opportunity for skilled and trained youth to delve deeper into Media Arts and to improve their techniques and knowledge. Skilled areas relevant in this category include virtual reality, digital media, digital video, visual effects, digital music, and artificial intelligence.
Selected applicants will be hosted by the Changsha Development Center of Media Arts for the duration of the Experience. Air tickets, accommodation, meals, basic health coverage, and pocket money will be provided by the Changsha Development Center of Media Arts. Participants in the Experience Changsha Media Arts Program will be required to design and work on a project in their specialized area of Media Arts which will be showcased at the end of the Experience Changsha Media Arts program.
Interested applicants must:
- Complete the Application Form above
- Submit a copy of your University degree(s)/Technical college certificate(s) or relevant Diploma(s) for studies in the Media Arts, including your grades Transcript.
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation on letterhead from your training college, or employer
Submit in writing a one (1) page proposal (360 English Words maximum) of the project you would like to design and work on during the Experience Changsha Media Arts Program.
- Open to young men and women who are aged 18-30 years
- Applicants should come from a country in Africa, Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, or Europe
For more information, visit UNESCO International Youth Forum.