ACU Hong Kong Jockey Club Fellowship 2018/2019 (Up to GBP £5000)
Deadline: May 6, 2018
The Association of Commonwealth Universities is pleased to announce the call for application for the Hong Kong Jockey Club Fellowship 2018/2019. The Fellowship consists of two parts – inward and outward fellowships. Both fellowships can be used for either a collaborative academic research visit, or a collaborative fact-finding visit. The tenure of the fellowship must be for a period of less than six months, and travel must take place between August 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019.
The Fellowships are awarded for any of the priority subject areas:
- Health and related social sciences
- Information technology
- Information management
- STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects
- Sustainable development
- University development and management
Up to GBP £5000 and intended to cover:
- international economy return airfare and other travel costs
- medical insurance and visa fees
- board and lodging fees
- research costs
- Inward fellowship – Tenable at The Chinese University of Hong Kong or The University of Hong Kong.
- Outward fellowship – Tenable at any ACU member institution in a country other than Hong Kong.
Both fellowships can be used for either a collaborative academic research visit, or a collaborative fact-finding visit.
- Inward fellowship – Applicants must be professional or academic staff of, or a nominee of, an ACU member university in a country other than Hong Kong;
- Outward fellowship – Applicants must be professional or academic staff of, or a nominee of, The Chinese University of Hong Kong or The University of Hong Kong.
Other terms and conditions
- Fellowships are not intended for degree courses, or for postdocs;
- The ACU cannot arrange fellows’ attachments, travel or accommodation, nor can it work out itineraries for them;
- Applicants should be aware that ACU Fellowships allow for small scale conference or course attendance within a wider fellowship programme, but applications where the primary or sole purpose is the attendance of a conference or course will not be considered;
- Fellows are required to submit a 1000-2500 word report within two months of the end of the fellowship.
Applicants must submit a proposal for their fellowship and provide proof of support for their fellowship from their host institution, as well as from their head of department at their home institution.
For more information, visit Hong Kong Jockey Club Fellowship.