Deadline: May 21, 2018
Applications now being accepted for youth leaders to be keynote speakers, media makers and session moderators at the 5th International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP). Young people who are selected will have conference registration and travel costs covered, and will play an essential role in providing a youth perspective and voice to the program.
In the spirit of using digital communications to spread the word about family planning, the 2018 ICFP will be accepting applications for youth speakers through video submissions. This format was used for the 2013 and 2016 conference and was very successful. All youth applicants must complete their own video submission, but may seek assistance from local organizations or other resources. At least one professional reference should be provided in support of the candidate’s qualifications.
The top candidates will be chosen to speak, moderate or have other roles in voicing the youth perspectives on family planning during the conference in Kigali, Rwanda.
Outstanding video submissions, whether or not from winning candidates, will be compiled and displayed at the conference and/or the conference website.
Young people who are selected will have conference registration and travel costs covered.
- The youth video contest is open to youth leaders
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on or before 1 November 2018 (born between 1November 1993 and 1 November 2000).
- You can only enter the contest once.
- The applicant must have experience in the field of family planning and/or sexual and reproductive health and rights (SHRH) or adolescent health in order to be able to serve as a speaker and/or moderator at conference sessions.
- It is encouraged that the applications talk about family planning in relation to the conference theme – Investing for a Lifetime of Returns – or make a creative video related to the theme. The conference theme speaks to the various returns on investment family planning provides, from education and empowerment to economic growth and environmental health as well as quality of life and wellbeing.
Submissions will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Clarity of family planning message
- Ability to speak eloquently and convey a message to an audience
- Background and reference
- Interest and ability to learn and contribute to the conference
All youth applicants must complete their own video submission, but may seek assistance from local organizations or other resources. At least one professional reference should be provided in support of the candidate’s qualifications.
Questions about the application process? Will it be easier for you to send a video by WhatsApp or Facebook? Contact [email protected]
For more information, visit ICFP Call for Youth Delegates