Deadline: April 30, 2018
Do you have a social purpose project that could make Malta a better place? Submit an application for the Social Impact Awards 2018 and see how you can have a chance of getting support to make this project a reality.
The Social Impact Awards is an initiative which will enable participants to submit proposals for a positive social impact project that will benefit Malta. Finalists will be chosen to pitch their projects in front of philanthropists, individuals, companies and a panel of judges for the chance of being awarded financial or non-financial support.
By bringing companies and philanthropists together the organizers wish to offer opportunities for organisations and individuals to receive financial and non-financial support to develop and materialise a project that will have a positive social impact on Malta. They have amassed funds to donate as grants to the best and most effective submissions. They will also be awarding the finalists with non-financial support including mentoring which will help make your projects a reality.
- The grants awarded could vary but are usually in the range of €50,000 and under per winning project. Full project budget size must be between €10,000 to €100,000. If only a percentage of the funds are awarded there must be a guarantee that the additional funds can be raised.
- The fund supports projects that will have a positive social impact on Malta;
- The Fund does not support organisations or individuals, but projects organised by organisations or individuals. An organisation’s daily operational expenses will only be covered by the Fund if these are shown to be necessary to the Project’s successful implementation;
- Additionally, for all organisations the Board of Administrators must ensure that:
- Its objectives, as outlined in its statute or constitutive documents, are consistent with the objectives of the proposal submitted;
- The proposed projects or initiatives being proposed for funding must not result in any profits that will benefit an individual or company; if profits arise they must be reinvested or ploughed back into the project or retained for future projects with the same social purpose;
- The beneficiaries of the proposed initiative or project are philanthropic, educational, social or civic nature or in support of other deserving causes in Malta.
Each Application will be evaluated by a team based on the following criteria:
- Impact: How will the proposed project improve lives? How many people will be affected if successful and to what extent? Is the proposal rooted in research that identifies the size of the problem and how the proposed idea will help solve it? How will the impact be measured?
- Feasibility: Does the team have a well-developed, realistic plan to execute on the proposal? Have they identified the right partners for implementation? Does the team have enough capacity to carry out the project (or identified areas they need support in?) How are you collaborating with other stakeholders to have real impact?
- Sustainability: If successful, how easily is the project and organisation able to remain sustainable and find new modes of funding or partners? Will the project continue after Social Impact Awards funds finish?
Expression of Interest
Please send an email to [email protected] with an Expression of Interest by April 13, 2018. An Expression of Interest should include: Short description of the Project (max.50 words) and Contact details of person/organisation submitting the project.
The following documents are to be submitted for complete application:
- Application Form, completed, signed and dated
- Budget and Activity Plan Documents
- Documentation in support of the budgeted costs claimed for the project (estimates, quotations, etc)
- Any other relevant supporting evidence about the Project
- Signed copy of the Guidelines
- A true copy of applicant’s identity card and certificate of registration or enrollment for organisations
Further documents and original copies will be asked for at a later stage.
For more information, visit Social Impact Awards.