Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) Award 2018
Deadline: July 12, 2018
Applications are ongoing for the SFIAR Award 2018. The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) offers an annual Award for graduates and scientists of a Swiss institution who work in agricultural research for development. With this award the SFIAR pursues the following main aims: support relevant agricultural research for development and promote knowledge on and visibility of Swiss ARD.
The Award ceremony is integrated into an event organized in Switzerland by one or several SFIAR members. The awardee presents his/her project at the event.
The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) is an informal multi-stakeholder group of Swiss institutions and private individuals interested in agricultural research for development (ARD). Members come from research institutions, NGOs, the private sector, farmers’ organisations and public agencies, as well as individuals.
- The best PhD or Post Doctoral project wins CHF 5,000 and the Best Master thesis project wins CHF 1,000.
Eligible for the SFIAR Award is research that
- Has been carried out at or in close collaboration with a Swiss institution
- Has appropriate linkages in developing countries
- Has been completed preferably no longer than three years ago (for Master’s Thesis Award: master’s thesis submitted preferably not longer than 18 months ago)
Awards will be given based on these selection criteria:
- Research quality
- Demonstration of potential for development impact
- Compliance with criteria defined under “Scope”
Applicants have to fill in the attached application form, and provide the research summary (maximum 2 pages) and the other documents mentioned on the form in English, French or German. Applications that do not meet the formal requirements will not be considered.
For more information, visit SFIAR Award 2018.