Deadline: June 1, 2018
Applications are ongoing for the Filmmakers Around the World (FWB) Filmmaking Grant 2018. FWB filmmaking grants provide funding and support for independent filmmakers to share their stories. Funds are available for narrative, documentary, experimental, and new media projects in various stages of production (Development, Production, Post-production, Film Festival Applications).
The objectives of the grant are:
- to empower the next generation of digital storytellers
- to promote diverse communities and cultures
- to share unique perspectives and stories
- to support independent voices from around the world
Grants are available in the following amounts:
- Development: $250, $500, or $1000
- Production: $500, $1000, $2500, or $5000
- Post-production: $250, $500, $1000, or $2500
- Film Festival Applications: $100, $250, or $500
- Applicants from any country are encouraged to apply;
- Applicants should be 18+ years old;
- Applicants should be proficient in relevant digital technologies;
- Applicants should be able to provide samples of their work;
- Applications and supporting materials must be produced in English. However, completed films may be in any language.
All applicants complete an online application and submit a variety of supporting materials including a video essay. The video essay is an opportunity for applicants to introduce themselves, describe the project, and explain how it will be successfully completed.
For more information, see FAQs or visit Filmmakers Around the World Grant.