Deadline: April 16, 2018
Calling all Female Founders! Women Who Tech just launched their Women Startup Challenge Podcast. Women Who Tech is on a mission to fund women-led startups. Why? Because only 1.9% of Venture Capital (VC) funding went to women-led startups in 2017. For women of color (WOC), the numbers are even more dismal: 0.2% get VC money. These barriers are crushing women’s economic power.
That’s where they come in. Nearly 2,000 early-stage ventures (40% WOC) have applied to their Women Startup Challenges, cohosted by Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and more. They’ve succeeded in enabling more than $20 million raised for women founders.
Six finalists will be selected to pitch their tech venture virtually on our podcast before prominent investors. Their investor guest for this season is Adam Zuckerman, Director of Discovery Ventures. The grand prize winner will receive $5,000 as a cash grant for their startup.
- You must be a tech startup with a product at the protoype stage or has already launched. No consulting firms.
- Your startup can be located anywhere around the world.
- The application and the pitch must be completed in English.
- Your startup must incorporate technology into the approach of your product, which allows the company to rapidly and massively scale in a manner that traditional, independent small businesses cannot. Please note that using tech (i.e. hosting a blog, selling products on your website, or using social media in your marketing) does not qualify as using tech to scale on a mass level nationally and globally.
- You cannot have raised more than $2.2 million for the startup you’re pitching.
- You must be a woman-led startup (defined as at least having at least one woman Cofounder on the team). The woman Cofounder must be the person to pitch.
All 6 finalists will be notified by April 23 if they are selected to pitch on the podcast. The Women Startup Challenge Podcast will be recorded on May 7th at 5PM EDT.
For more information, visit Women Who Tech.