Deadline: April 30, 2018
The call for applications for the FRA Roma Traineeship programme 2018-2019 is now open. This traineeship scheme is addressed mainly to recent university graduates of Romani background, without excluding those who – in the framework of lifelong learning – are at the beginning of a new professional career.
The aims of the traineeship at the FRA are:
- To provide Roma trainees an understanding of the objectives and activities of the Agency’s role in ensuring full respect for fundamental rights across the EU.
- To enable Roma trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of FRA Departments and sectors. To provide the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural, multi linguistic and multi-ethnic environment, contributing to the development of mutual understanding, trust and tolerance. To promote European integration within the spirit of new governance and through active participation to create awareness of true European citizenship.
- To enable Roma trainees to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, and in particular in their specific areas of competence. To introduce these graduates to the professional world and the constraints, duties and opportunities therein.
- To allow Roma trainees to contribute to the Agency’s mission in helping to make fundamental rights a reality for everyone in the EU.
- The traineeship positions are paid.
- Open to candidates of Romani background who have completed either a post-secondary education attested by a diploma (e.g. bachelor’s degree or equivalent) or a secondary education attested by a diploma and professional experience of minimum two years relevant to the work of the Department they apply for.
- Roma trainees are selected from nationals of the Member States of the European Union (28) and EU candidate (Albania, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, and Turkey) and potential candidate (Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo) countries;
- FRA encourages candidates with disabilities to apply. If you consider yourself to have a physical, mental, intellectual or sensory disability please tick the appropriate box on the on-line application form and indicate any adjustments or arrangements needed in relation to your disability.
- Trainees are requested to have a very good knowledge of English and another EU language.
Prepare your CV in Europass format (other formats will not be considered). This document should be attached to the online application form.
Complete the FRA online application form clearly indicating the Department and Sector(s) of your choice and your motivation to apply.
For more information, visit FRA Roma Traineeship Programme.