Deadline: April 29, 2018
Call for application is ongoing for the EuroScience Nature Travel Grant Scheme for Journalists 2018. The Nature Travel Grant Scheme offers journalists and members of media organisations from around the world the opportunity to attend ESOF for free. The grant offers complimentary registration as well as help covering travel and accommodation costs.
Created by EuroScience, the biennial ESOF – EuroScience Open Forum – meeting is the largest pan-European general science conference dedicated to scientific research and innovation. At ESOF meetings leading scientists, researchers, journalists, business people, policy makers and the general public from all over the world discuss new discoveries and debate the direction that research is taking in the sciences, humanities and social sciences.
- The Nature Travel Grant Scheme offers a lump sum of £400 for journalists based in Europe and £800 for journalists based outside of Europe, to help cover the costs of travel and accommodation to attend ESOF 2018.
- All journalists irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, place of residence and media type (paper, radio, TV, web) are welcome to apply;
- Media accreditation will be required.
The selection of candidates will be based on:
- The applicant’s CV;
- Motivation statement to be involved in the Nature Travel Grant Scheme for ESOF 2018; and
- Impact of the proposed publication
To submit an application sign into the EuroScience Conference and Membership Platform (ESCMP) and click on “Apply for a Grant”. Follow the application procedure.
For more information, visit Nature Travel Grant Scheme for Journalists.