Deadline: May 6, 2018
Entries are invited for UNESCO and Juventus Photo Contest 2018. Football holds enormous power and potential to bring people of different cultures and countries together. UNESCO and Juventus call on you to activate this power and spread a message of peace and tolerance through stories of football. Let’s build an online movement where pictures tell a thousand words. This is a free-of-charge photo contest on the theme how football promotes and fosters inclusion, unity and tolerance, and overcomes discrimination.
All you need to do is send a photo which showcases football’s potential to promote inclusion, overcome stereotypes and overturn discrimination in all its forms. Speak up, share your football story with the world and have the chance to win prizes and be featured in a campaign video.
It’s simple, what are you waiting for? Grab your camera and get snapping!
A minimum of 3 winners and 7 runners-up will be selected. UNESCO will publish the results of the photo contest on 12 May 2018. Winners and runners-up will be notified directly and their photos and testimonies will be published on social media channels and the web. The ten best photos will be included in a promotional video which will be widely disseminated.
The three winners will receive a Canon DSLR camera (or equivalent). Contest winners and runners-up will receive a personalized Juventus shirt 2017/2018 and a football.
- The photo contest is open to everyone regardless of her or his country of residence
- Employees of UNESCO and the partner, Juventus, of the photo contest and their family members (parents, children, siblings and spouses) are not eligible
Photo composition and format
- Your photo should be dynamic and express movement/campaign messaging
- Your photo should be in colour and in high resolution (minimum 300 dpi)
- Dimensions can either be portrait or landscape, and the format can be either portrait, photojournalism, street photos, or action photos
- Signatures, photographers’ names, or copyright notices should be submitted along with the photo
- Your photo must be sent by email, in digital format, as a .jpg file
To enter the contest, please send your photo to [email protected](link sends e-mail) along with a 150-200 word testimony (in English or French) explaining how football promotes and fosters inclusion, unity and tolerance, and overcomes discrimination.
Please also indicate your first and last name, together with your contact details and your profession.
For more information, visit UNESCO and Juventus Photo Contest.