Deadline: May 14, 2018
The J. Walter Thompson Company is accepting applications for the Helen Lansdowne Resor (HLR) Scholarship for Creative Women based anywhere in the world. J. Walter Thompson Company was founded in 1864 and has been making pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business for more than 150 years.
Helen is a game changer. It started in 1908, when Helen Lansdowne was hired by J. Walter Thompson Cincinnati as the industry’s first female copywriter. She soon moved to the New York office, where she rose through the ranks as a creative powerhouse. She hired and mentored dozens of creative women, ensuring that the female voice was represented in J. Walter Thompson’s work.
Are you ready to follow in her footsteps?
Your shot to steer the future of advertising. Here’s what you’ll get if you win:
- A scholarship up to $10,000 to put towards your education
- An internship at a JWT office
- One-on-one mentorship
- First-look placement at JWT after graduation
- Female students registered at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school
- At least 12 months of school left as of May 14, 2018
- You can be based anywhere! As long as you meet the criteria.
In short, badass women studying creativity. Oh, and you also have to:
- Be a registered student at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school with at least 12 months of school left as of May 14, 2018
- Show creative talent and potential in a course of study like Art Direction, Copywriting, Design, Experiential Design, Sculpture, Film, etc. Basically, if you think it applies to you, it probably does
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by your school
- Personal statement (500 words or less)
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- 3-5 creative samples
You’ll have to submit your application form, a personal statement, a letter of recommendation and 3–5 creative samples by May 14, 2018.
You can submit your recommendations through the application form. Fair warning…they may contact your references for verification. If your reference wants to submit their recommendation directly to us, contact [email protected].
For more information, visit Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship.