African Trans-Regional Cooperation through Academic Mobility (ACADEMY) 2018 for Masters, Doctoral and Research Visits
Deadline: May 15, 2018
Applications are invited for the African Trans-Regional Cooperation through Academic Mobility (ACADEMY) Project 2018. The ACADEMY project is designed to provide resources and opportunities for student and staff mobility from four regions of Africa, offering support for Masters, Doctoral and short research, teaching and administrative visits between the consortium partners. In line with the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, the overall objective of ACADEMY is to contribute to promote cross-regional continental integration, sustainable and inclusive development.
The African Trans-Regional Cooperation through Academic Mobility (ACADEMY) Consortum intends to address the challenges related to a rapid increase in the number of students, a need for improving the quality of higher education, shortage in job creation and brain drain, gender equality, environmental sustainability and poverty by providing a mutual and continuous support, and creating synergy using the strengths and resources of each institution to overcome the main constraints and threats.
Areas of Study
- Business, administration and law;
- Natural sciences;
- Information and Communication Technologies;
- Engineering, manufacturing and construction;
- Agriculture, forestry, fisheries and veterinary.
- Monthly subsistence allowance for the entire mobility period
- Extra allowance per academic year to female students (for mobility equal to or longer than two academic years)
- Settling in allowance (for students only)
- Roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs – for mobility equal to or longer than two academic years, two roundtrip tickets will be provided (arranged by the coordinating institution on behalf of students)
- Comprehensive insurance (Health, Accident and Travel) (arranged by the coordinating institution on behalf of students)
- Participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable (paid directly to the hosting institutions)
- Research costs for students on mobility for 10 months or more (based on actual research needs and dependent on a request submitted by the students)
- Be nationals and residents in any of the eligible African countries;
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of courses in the host country;
- Fulfil the criteria of one of the target groups below:
- Target Group 1 (TG1)
- For credit-seeking mobility applicants: Students must be registered in one of the five partner universities: Université de Tlemcen (Algeria), University of Cape Coast (Ghana), Kenyatta University (Kenya), University of Ibadan (Nigeria), and University of KwaZulu-Natal (South Africa)
- For degree-seeking applicants: Students must have graduated from one of the five partner universities.
- For staff: Staff must be working in one of the five partner universities.
- Target Group 2 (TG2)
- For credit-seeking mobility applicants: Students must be registered in any African Higher Education Institution.
- For degree-seeking mobility applicants: Students must have graduated from any African Higher Education Institution.
- Target Group 1 (TG1)
- Students having previously benefitted from a scholarship under the Intra-ACP or the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Schemes are not eligible.
List of eligible countries
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic (CAR), Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
The following documents are required for application:
- National ID or Copy of Passport Data page
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scholarship Application form
- Certificate of language proficiency
- Proof of employment from home university (for staff only)
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter
- Transcript of records
- Proof of registration from home institution (for credit-seeking mobility applicants)
- Certificate of degree from an African university (for full degree)
For more information, visit ACADEMY Project.