She Leads Africa Accelerator 2018 for Female Entrepreneurs in Nigeria (Winners receive cash prizes + more)
Deadline: May 20, 2018
Applications are invited for the She Leads Africa (SLA) Accelerator 2018. The SLA Accelerator is a 3-month program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest female entrepreneurs. The SLA Accelerator provides an opportunity for mentorship, funding and networking. This year, the programme will take place in Lagos and is open to businesses based anywhere in Nigeria. The program will run from July 2 – October 8, 2018.
She Leads Africa is a social enterprise dedicated to supporting young African women and their journey towards professional success. The organisation has been featured on CNN, CNBC Africa, Black Enterprise and Fox Business and has more than 300,000 members across Africa and the diaspora.
This 2018 SLA Accelerator is run in partnership with the Work in Progress! Alliance – a consortium of Oxfam, Butterfly Works and VC4A focused on driving job creation and youth employment in Nigeria. This year’s cohort is also sponsored by Lagos Innovates and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund.
- First, Second and Third Place winners will receive N2,000,000, N1,000,000 and N500,000 respectively.
- Other benefits include:
- 3 months intensive training on business and operational skills
- Online and offline learning resources
- Exclusive access and mentorship from some of Nigeria’s leading business personalities
- Opportunity to pitch your business in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
- The Accelerator is open to a business based in the Technology sector and based in Nigeria;
- Has at least one female shareholder or owner that is aged 18-35;
- Has received less than $50,000 in funding;
- Has been in operation for less than three years;
- Has already begun operations and has a live product or service on the market;
- Unfortunately entrepreneurs in the idea stage are not eligible to apply.
How the Program Works
- Put together a top-notch application package, ace the semi-final interviews and get selected by the review committee.
- Attend three 1-weekboot camps being trained by the SLA team and connecting with some of Nigeria’s most prominent business and operational experts.
- Complete bi-weekly online workshops.
- Join SLA in Lagos for the Demo Day in October and pitch your business to a room of local and international investors and media.
For more information, visit She Leads Africa Accelerator.