Deadline: May 23, 2018
Receive up to $30k by creating new or transforming existing courses and programs in sustainable technology or sustainable design to help students develop novel inventions and gain entrepreneurial skills to bring these inventions to market. Apply for the VentureWell Spring Faculty Grant 2018.
VentureWell awards faculty grants to colleges and universities for the purpose of strengthening existing curricular programs and/or building new courses and programs in invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Through these grant funds, VentureWell supports educational courses or programs at the intersection of invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship that lead to the creation and support of student teams working on technology solutions to real-world problems.
They are seeking proposals for innovative ideas to create new or transform existing courses and programs that focus on sustainable technology or sustainable design, including, but not limited to:
- Climate change
- Cleantech/renewable energy innovation
- Green design: efficiency, materials selection
- Green chemistry
- Novel approaches to integration with materials science, biomedical engineering, or other disciplines
- Grants of up to $30,000 (two or three years in duration) may be requested
- Limit two proposals per institution. If more than two proposals are received, only the first two will be reviewed.
- Grants are awarded to US-based colleges and universities;
- Faculty and staff from VentureWell-member colleges and universities are eligible to apply;
- Proposals may include non-member partners from education, nonprofits, industry, NGOs, governments and/or the investment community, etc.
All applications, consisting of a five page narrative, work plan, budget, resumes, letter(s) of support and other supporting documents, must be submitted using the VentureWell Community Portal. Anyone on the team may serve as the applicant.
To start your application, you’ll need to have a VentureWell account. You may start, save, stop, and return to your online proposal at anytime before submitting.
For more information, visit VentureWell Spring Faculty Grant.