Deadline: June 1, 2018
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is now open for applications. Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region and with the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
SINGA is a joint collaboration between A*STAR, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students.
Under SINGA, you’ll receive PhD training at an A*STAR Research Institute or one of the three top universities in Asia – NUS, NTU or SUTD. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
* Subject to terms and conditions
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Pursue your PhD education in Singapore with SINGA and take your research to greater heights. For frequently asked questions, please click here.
To apply, please click here for more information.
For more information, visit Singapore International Graduate Award.