International Water Association (IWA) Global Water Award 2018
Deadline: May 5, 2018
Nominations are open for the International Water Association (IWA) Global Water Award 2018. The Award recognises those individuals who, through innovative leadership and practice, have made a significant contribution to a world in which water is wisely managed. Showcasing exceptional individuals who have changed industry norms to create lasting progress, IWAs Global Water Award aims to recognise and reward those water innovators that are driving change.
The IWA Global Water Awards rewards an individual that has shown exceptional imagination, foresight or resilience to overcome obstacles and challenge industry norms to create new directions and open new possibilities for sustainable water management and practice. She or he must have worked inclusively and with professionals from across sectors and disciplines to create an innovative water solution/management practice that impacts/influences broader sustainable development.
- Everyone can submit a nomination for this award;
- Candidates must have demonstrated excellence in science, technology, management or policy;
- Have vision, leadership, knowledge, persistence, creating new directions and opening new fields;
- They should be recognised internationally within the membership of IWA;
- Awardees need not be an IWA member.
The following materials must be submitted in support for the nomination:
- An executive summary outlining the main reason for the nomination (maximum 500 words);
- A Letter of Nomination (Detailed letter describing in detail how the candidate meets the criteria stipulated above (maximum 4 A4 pages);
- At least one letter of support for the nomination.