Deadline: May 7, 2018
Medialab Prado is calling for projects for the Data Journalism Workshop 2018. The Data Journalism Workshop aims to develop stories based on data focused on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) related to the fight against climate change and other aspects related to the environment in Madrid (city, community, region, area).
The sixth edition of the data journalism production workshop learns from the previous editions, and in particular from that of 2017, to propose a five-session workshop that is loaded with changes, with which they intend to improve both the development of the workshop and the projects that are carried out.
- Transport and accommodation will be provided for the promoter of a maximum of three projects out of Madrid.
- Open to journalists, programmers, developers, front/back/full, designerxs UX, statisticians, sociologists, anthropologists, data viewers and, in general, anyone who wants work with data related to the Sustainable Development Goals that try to mitigate the change climate.
- Projects must meet these conditions:
- Collection and analysis of data to create a story or journalistic tool;
- Sources of reliable data and located before the workshop;
- Theme related to the narrative of the workshop.
Medialab Prado recommends some of these platforms to start defining the proposal: GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, Gogs, Gitea or a similar solution that allows you to start working on the idea and accept the participation of other people. Medialab Prado, for the moment, use Github, so its use will allow them a certain ease of integration.
For more information, visit Medialab Prado Data Journalism Workshop on SDG.