Deadline: June 12, 2018
Peace Direct is accepting applications for the sixth Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Award 2018. Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders are the global awards for local peacebuilding. Awarded annually, they offer international recognition for grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected countries worldwide. The awards showcase the best locally led peacebuilding organisations across the world.
Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders are inspiring individuals working together to build a better tomorrow in some of the world’s most fragile areas.
Peace Direct is a UK based charity that works with local people to stop violence and build sustainable peace in conflict affected countries around the world. Since it was set up a decade ago, it’s been our mission to support and showcase the variety and scale of peacebuilding led by local people around the world.
The winners receive global publicity and cash prizes. They are chosen by an international panel of experts including distinguished peace builders, political figures of reconciliation, the Alliance for Peacebuilding and our 3 amazing sponsors.
Are you a peacebuilder? Would $10,000, international recognition and access to an international peacebuilding network help you make a bigger impact? Apply today for the annual Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders awards.
- Three winning organisations will each receive $10,000 and online promotion of their work, plus 5 years’ free membership of the Alliance for Peacebuilding.
- Each will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the award ceremony at PeaceCon 2018 in Washington, DC.*
These are global awards so there is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
- Undertake peacebuilding work – your organisation is either a peacebuilding organisation or has peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work.
- Be locally based – your organisation must be based in the country or communities where your work is done. If your organisation operates in multiple countries, you are not eligible to enter. (Note cross-border projects are eligible.)
- Be an independent organisation, not an in-country or satellite organisation of an international NGO.
- Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led peacebuilding; youth-led peacebuilding; or non-violent action.
Entrants will need to show how they are making communities more peaceful, or breaking the cycle of violence.
In order to enter, please download and return the application form. They prefer to receive applications completed in English. If you are not comfortable writing your answers in English, we encourage you to have a friend or colleague translate your application into English prior to submission. If these options are not possible, we will accept applications in French or Spanish.
Send completed applications to [email protected]. Please ensure the total size of email attachments does not exceed 5 MB. Emails larger than 5 MB may be rejected by our email system.
Download the application form here.
For more information, visit Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Award.