UNSSC Internship on Peace and Security 2018 – Turin, Italy (Monthly Stipend Available)
Deadline: May 13, 2018
The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) is looking for an Intern – Peace and Security for a six-month internship. This is an opportunity to gain practical working experience in your field of studies with UNSSC!
With its headquarters in Turin, Italy, the UNSSC is the United Nations institution for system-wide knowledge management, learning and training for the staff of the United Nations system. The College is expected to play a pivotal role in contributing to UN reform, the development of a common culture based on effectiveness, expertise and continuous learning through the development, co-ordination and provision of cross-cutting learning programmes which impact on all agencies and staff.
The Peace and Security is one organisational unit of the UNSSC. Under the overall guidance of the Senior Manager, Peace and Security and the direct supervision of the Course Coordinator, the Intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain the “Safe and Secure Approaches in Field Environments” (SSAFE) programme database through tasks such as:
- Inserting lists of participants received from the field into the database;
- Following-up with SSAFE focal points in the field to obtain missing data; and
- Maintaining lists on SSAFE courses planned in 2018 and 2019 worldwide.
- Contribute to marketing and communications efforts, through the drafting of information pieces and correspondence.
- Contribute to administrative tasks as required, internal discussions and meetings, note taking and report writing, and support Course Coordinator(s) in coordinating and following up with Finance and Administration on e-learning related issues.
- Provide support to e-learning course design, development and delivery.
- Support facilitation of online courses on UNSSC UNKampus and webex, in collaboration with Subject Matter Expert(s) and development vendor(s); Update online courses as per instruction.
- Contribute to record keeping and provide coordination for online learning participants during the delivery of online courses.
- Provide technical support to e-learning development process as required, through tasks such as:
- Conducting benchmarking and research as required to inform development;
- Editing digital learning assets and resources (i.e. PowerPoints); and
- Contributing to quality control of infographics, multimedia and other e-learning assets and resources.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Cost and benefits
- You will become part of a friendly, multilingual and multicultural team of people;
- You will gain practical experience in a number of areas related to learning, training and knowledge management; you will be exposed to the working reality of an international organization.
- You will receive a stipend of 450Euro a month from the Staff College, to help you cover basic subsistence costs.
Interns are responsible for making travel and accommodation arrangements and for obtaining the necessary visa for entering Italy or the country of any other duty station to which they have been assigned. UNSSC will facilitate the process of obtaining entry visas for countries of assignment. The cost of travel, visa, accommodation, vaccines, health insurance and living expenses are the responsibility of interns.
- Candidates currently enrolled in or having completed a higher degree University programme (Masters or other) in learning/instructional design, organization development with specialized knowledge in learning and training/human resources development, or an area related to UNSSC programmatic priorities.
- Previous work experience is not required.
- Practical experience in the design, development, and delivery of a range of learning products, including e-learning is highly desirable.
- Fluency (written and oral) in English.
- Knowledge of online learning and social media tools; proven ability to use Microsoft Office, internet browsers and online platforms.
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- High motivation, with a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Familiarity with online learning and social media tools.
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: [email protected] or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02.
Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship Vacancy Announcement 001”
For more information, visit UNSSC.