Deadline: May 20, 2018
Applications are now open for the 3rd ASEF Young Leaders Summit. The ASEF Young Leaders Summit (ASEFYLS) is the go-to place for young people willing to un-learn, re-learn and learn new concepts, strategies and actions on how to create sustainable impact in society. ASEFYLS3 will take place in conjunction with the 12th ASEM Summit (ASEM12) on 15- 19 October 2018 in Brussels, Belgium.
ASEFYLS3 focuses on Ethical Leadership, the human-centred form of responsible leadership, and aims to dismantle and re-assemble the concept thereof: in the context of self-leadership, team leadership and societal leadership.ASEFYLS3 is for young people who are willing to critically reflect, re-imagine and shape the notion of leadership — starting from themselves, within their communities and on an Asia-Europe scale.
ASEFYLS is an experiential platform for Asian and European students and young professionals that adapts a 360° approach on leadership development. ASEFYLS recognises that leadership takes place across all spectrum in society: at home, in lecture halls, in board rooms, within the community as well as from the streets up to the political arena. Leadership is for those who are determined to take a leap by asking questions, thinking critically, action-planning and collaborating.
The 3rd ASEF Young Leaders Summit (ASEFYLS3) is dedicated to the topic ofEthical Leadership. The forum investigates 3 critical levels of leadership, namely:
- You: Self-leadership
- We: Team leadership
- All: Societal leadership
The ASEFYLS3 programme consists of 3 stages:
- Online preparatory phase
- (a) 4-Day Conference in Brussels, Belgium (b) Connections with the 12th ASEM Summit (ASEM12)
- Spin-off activities by ASEFYLS3 participants across Asian and European Communities
Are you ready to dissect and reconstruct the meaning of leadership? Join the ASEFYLS3 in Brussels, Belgium this October to find out!
Cost and Benefits
- No registration or participation fee.
- The organisers will provide participants with travel subsidy, accommodation and meals
They will provide a travel subsidy for participants travelling from abroad, from your country of residence to Brussels (Belgium) and back. The subsidy could also cover local transportation (home – airport – home), insurance and visa. The travel subsidy amount will be announced to the selected participants in their confirmation letter
- Open to citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries
- Students, entrepreneurs, academics and professionals – all between the ages of 18 and 30
- Strong command of English (verbal and written)
- Action-oriented and creative doers from all societal sectors
- Individuals with strong command of English (written and verbal)
- Applicants who are ready and available to actively participate in a 8-week online preparatory phase, 4 days on-site phase and followed by a postproject phase composed of alumni led online and offline initiatives
For more information, visit ASEF Young Leaders Summit.