Deadline: May 30 and September 30, 2018
Applications are open for the Kofi Annan Business School Foundation Fellowship 2018 for full-time MBA Program at the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) Berlin. The Kofi Annan Fellowship is a fellowship grant for emerging leaders from a developing countries for a two-year Master’s in Management (MIM) or a one-year full-time MBA education at ESMT Berlin in Berlin, Germany.
The Kofi Annan Business School Foundation provides fellowships for talented and motivated students from developing countries that allow them to obtain a university degree in Europe at one of the academic partners of the Kofi Annan Business School Foundation. Partner schools are ESMT, HHL Leipzig (Germany), University of Utrecht (Netherlands), NOVA SBE (Portugal), Koc University (Turkey) and Business School Lausanne (Switzerland). The purpose is to make significant contributions to least developed countries (LDCs) and landlocked developing countries (LLDCs); to strengthen the awareness for responsibility in leadership in developed countries.
This scholarship is available at ESMT through the ESMT Circle of Friends. Fellows will receive a full tuition scholarship from ESMT (€25,000 for MIM students and €43,500 for MBA students) plus fair compensation for travel and accommodation costs and program related fees.
The fellowship covers:
- full tuition scholarship from ESMT (€25,000 for MIM students and €43,500 for MBA students)
- A monthly stipend for living expenses
- Travel, visa, housing, insurance, placement, networking.
- Applicants must be resident in one of the UN’s Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Landlocked Developing Countries (LLDCs) or Palestine.
- MIM applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with excellent grades, less than 18 months of work experience, and proficient English skills. In certain cases a GMAT or GRE score may be requested.
- MBA applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree of any kind, a minimum of three years of professional experience, a GMAT or GRE score, and proficient English skills.
- All applicants should have a willingness to contribute to building the economy and society of the home country with entrepreneurial impetus.
Requirements for admission
ESMT’s admissions team is looking for a diverse group of professionals who share ESMT’s mission and who will succeed in the MBA program, both academically and professionally. ESMT considers each detail of a potential student’s application to assess their abilities and goals. Specifically, ESMT MBA Admissions looks for these key qualities in applicants:
- Excellent analytical ability, both quantitative and qualitative
- International outlook, intercultural competence, and a responsible approach to business
- Proven teamwork skills in stressful situations
- Leadership potential, especially for high-performance career growth in a global environment
- Willingness to learn from others in a collegial environment
Fellows are expected to commit to returning to their home country or region to participate in the development of the local or regional economy.
Applications for Kofi Annan Fellowships are accepted and awarded on an ongoing basis during the application cycle.
The MIM program starts in September of each year with a final application deadline of June 30. The MBA program begins in January of each year with a final application deadline of September 30.
To receive a scholarship, MBA candidates first fill out an online application to the MBA program. All applicants to the MBA program are automatically considered for any available scholarships.
To apply, visit:
For more information, visit Kofi Annan Fellowship.