Deadline: July 31, 2018
Pitch with Purpose 2018 is now open for applications. This is a global pitch competition celebrating and rewarding diverse founders who have committed their companies to social good. Launched in 2016, Pitch with Purpose was the first-ever pitch competition centered around solutions to the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This year’s competition has been launched by Alice and Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN), along with partners Johnson & Johnson and Dell. Pitch with Purpose is one of the ways Team Alice and partners find and spotlight the founders who may be under the radar but are creating incredible change for good.
The top pitch will receive an awards package designed to accelerate scalability and social impact, including:
- $15,000, courtesy of Johnson & Johnson
- A Dell computer
- Scholarship entry to Circular Summit 2019
- Mentorship from a business expert
- A feature on Inc.com
The two runners-up will receive $2,500 in cash and a scholarship ticket to Circular Summit 2019.
- In order to qualify, companies must contribute to the solution of at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), have a diverse founding team and have been in operation for twelve months or more.
- All entries must be received by July 31, 2018.
Judging will be based on the following screening criteria:
- Level of contribution to the solution of at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Diversity of founding team (must have at least one founder who is a woman, ethnic minority in their
country of origin, LGBTQ+ and/or disabled)
- Scalability of the business model
- Proof of product-market fit
- Must have been in operation for 12 months or more
- Must complete Google Form application and completed a profile on Alice (helloalice.com)
Submissions are measured based on their level of contribution toward the solution of at least one of the United Nations SDGs, diversity of the founding team, scalability of the business model and proof of product-market fit.
Applicants will submit their entries online (click “View Resource” to access the application form), and three finalists will be invited to pitch live in front of a panel of judges, funders and media in October 2018.
For more information, visit Pitch with Purpose.